I’m not local to LA, can we still work together? How does that work?
Yes! We not only work with fashion brands all across the US. but in many other countries around the world. If we are sourcing for you we make it very simple. Two identical fabric & trim books are created and well labeled. One is sent to you, and the second stays with us. Once you receive your materials, you’ll hop on the phone with our sourcing specialists to review and select your materials.
How long does Product Development take?
Product Development time can vary drastically depending on how much information the brand brings to us. One way to increase speed and efficiency is to know exactly which styles you will be producing, have clear information on your desired fit as well as artwork files vectorized and ready to be sent for printing or label creation. If you have specific deadlines for your development, make sure to let us know and we will map out a timeline for completion together. Its best to be proactive and leave yourself with at least two months for development of a collection. Rushing something creative is never a good idea.
What does the Program Enrollment Fee cover?
The Program Enrollment Fee covers constant communication with an on-call production manager as well as these items below:
- Onboard Meeting, Discovery, Idea Consultation, Resource allocation
- Review sample styles, construct BOM (Bill of Materials)
- Consolidate fixed and variable costs to provide a forecasted production price per style.
- Pattern review & directives for Pattern Maker
- Continued project management & process facilitation with Company, Pattern Makers, Sample Makers, and Fabric Specialists.Access to lower Minimum Order Quantities (MOQ) for production. (<250 units/style)
What is your MOQ for production? (Minimum order Quantity)
Our Minimum order Quantity for production of most styles is 250 units per style/color. Garment complexity as well as availability of fabric desired are other things that influence minimums. Send in a finished sample as well as order information for a quick quote from us!
What type of apparel products does EFGproduce?
Knits, wovens and Intimates. This includes basics, activewear, button downs, dresses. We don’t currently manufacture jeans, socks, hats, shoes or accessories.
4-6 Weeks standard lead time
Custom milled fabric – Add 3-6 weeks
Fabric Dying – Add 1 week
Printing Add 1-2 weeks
- Costing – A finished sample as well as a pro forma purchase order filled out are required. In order to provide an accurate quote knowing that you will have 2 labels instead of 3 or that your prints are 12X14 inches with 1 color or that your sewing will be flat-lock instead of reverse cover-stitch. These details are what we base our pricing on. Help us help you!
- Once we know exactly what you will be producing we provide a quote and lead times
- You pay 50% deposit for your order
- We source materials for approval from you
- Materials are ordered
- We make PPS (Pre Production Samples) for approval
- Remaining 50% of balance is due upon delivery of your product.
If custom fabrics are needed it will require a minimum of 4-5 weeks to produce fabrics before any production is started. If this is your first production run we HIGHLY recommend using available in-stock fabrics here in downtown Los angeles. We have access to millions of yards of fabric here and relationships with 60+ mills and suppliers. This will get you to market faster and save you significant money.
The Elite Fashion Group © 2017. Los Angeles, California.